THIS PAGE CONTAINS 12 VIDEOS CAREFULLY COLLECTED FOR THEIR CONTENT REGARDING MOLD AND HOW IT CAN AFFECT THE HEALTH OF YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. EACH IS FOLLOWED BY A SHORT SYNOPSIS, AND WE HOPE YOU FIND THEM HELPFUL. IF YOU'D SUGGEST ANOTHER BE ADDED, PLEASE EMAIL ITS URL TO US. THANKS!    -THE MOLDHACKERS TEAM
News story out of Colorado involving a family of 6. Four children were living healthy normal lives in a very clean home til a wall was opened in one bathroom in order to fix a plumbing leak which was dried with the use of a normal household fan which allowed highly toxic mold spores in the wall to disperse into the house's air. The children started showing symptoms one by one, doctors misdiagnosed the symptoms as they often do with mold related illnesses eventually saying they were in need of psychiatric help (that they were faking). 25% of houses in the U.S. have mold problems somewhere, often unknown if not outwardly visible as in this case.
In Leviticus 14:36-37, Moses instructs a priest to draw a circle around suspected mold, and if it is seen to grow beyond the marked circumference after a week's time, the "unclean" house is to be vacated & destroyed along with all its contents. This was in the desert, not some swampy area, telling us that molds can grow anywhere, anytime, and have been doing so since the beginning of time, and were likely among the first living things.
Many of the same mycotoxins in these molds have been used in chemical warfare, (by us in Vietnam, Saddamn against the Afghans & Khurds, etc.) but Congress has failed to make it a priority. Most spores are harmless, aside from black mold, whose spores are toxic in themselves, dead or alive. Most others spore types are harmless, but once living in your house, the mycotoxins the molds give off through metabolization are harmful and toxic, and are what make people (and pets) sick. When you're trapped inside a house with these mycotoxins, it can't disperse or mix with the outside air, much like with pollution. We breathe in air outside with cars whizzing by all day, but we all know being locked in a garage with a running car is suicidal!
The Dan Pauluk wrongful death case. Very sad. He worked in the HEALTH DEPT in Nevada and his workplace contained toxic mold in a drop ceiling over his desk which included the "black mold" Stachybotrys, Chaetomium, & Penicillium/Aspergillus that ended up affecting him with rashes covering 95% of his body. His family was even affected by him bringing the spores home on his clothes & body causing his wife, a doctor herself, to come down with chronic mixed mold mycotoxicosis, and remains sick from it to this day. -These things become chronic if not found in time, much like many cancers, cancer being one of the possible symptoms in and of itself. He ended up suing, winning, they appealed, he won again, they appealed, he won again, over and over, winning 8 times! As a result of all this time passing, he died before seeing a dime of his civil court award or being able to use it to save his own life or treat his wife who had contracted the disease of mixed mold mycotoxicosis to a chronic degree as of 2011 simply from her husband entering their home after spending each day in a mold-infected workplace. Absolutely ridiculous, I know..
Fox TV news story about molds, specifically Stachybotrys Chartarum, bio-toxins similar to poisons from fungus, spider & tic bites, houses built too tightly so mold causing moisture can't escape in time, HLA genes (transplantation genes) if inadequate make you more susceptible to mold toxins, if not body can't see the toxins to remove them, and results among other symptoms are that it messes w your hormones, chronic diseases, fybromyalgia, MS, ALS, ADD, ADHD, depression, can't lose weight, muscle pain, cramps, headaches, fatigue, weakness, flu-like symptoms, abdominal pain, diarrhea, chronic sinusitis, sore throat, difficulty thinking, memory loss, dizziness, balance problems, dementia, symptoms change from week to week, everyone reacts differently, often diagnosed as just being crazy (hypochondriac); key is get tested for the neurotoxins and mycotoxins these molds give off once you've found the toxic mold's presence in your house through inspection and testing, which is exactly what we do for you.
Shows actual black mold inside a wall, explains symptoms including nosebleeds, brain lesions, skin lesions, asthmatic issues, blood and black debris coughed up, fevers, yeast infection of mouth or vagina, vomiting, diarrhea, & cancer due mycotoxins being carcinogenic & pathogenic (disease causing bacteria).
Mold grows inside walls from spores that have been there laying dormant waiting for a water source to bring them to life since original construction of the property, leaks activate dormant dry spores causing growth and reproduction by giving off airborne spores and mycotoxins through metabolization landing on household surfaces where they are touched and breathed in from air currents, causing irritations and lesions on skin, inside the lungs, subsequently into arteries and throughout the body including the brain causing lesions on the brain itself, and into the nervous system affecting the entire body. The key is building the structure from the beginning in a fashion that lets it breathe so that moisture inside walls can dry itself out to keep moisture and humidity levels down below 40-50% relative humidity.
Out of New Orleans, explains how black mold (Stachybotrys Chartarum), can be extremely dangerous, even deadly, and does so by creating airborne mycotoxins, must be tested to find for sure which kind it is and therefore also how to best eradicate it, symptoms include respiratory problems, lesions on internal organs eventually shutting them down in some cases, tiredness, permanent health problems, and death, must be removed immediately, and a story of an infected San Francisco firehouse that had to be evacuated.
Many companies claiming to be remediators and mold inspectors/testers will inflate numbers found because remediation is much more expensive than testing alone. Doing both creates a huge conflict of interest as a result. Our company only does testing for this reason and we get the bulk of our business from people who have received inflated reports already and huge estimates for remediation when in reality the problem is either much smaller, or non-existent to begin with.
Very thorough and scientific lecture by an MD specializing in clinical immuno-toxicology, (mold illnesses). Has seen patients who have seen over 40 doctors before finding him along with a shopping bag of medications prescribed by those doctors that have not helped them whatsoever. Explains what and how these molds exist in homes today moreso than in the past, and how it effects the body.
New houses are built too airtight; water vapor can't escape and feeds existing mold spores on drywall and other organic building materials all over the entire house, inside vents, wall, ceiling and floor cavities where it can't be seen, as well as where it can, usually on basement joists & drywall. Anything organic like wood and the cardboard on each side of sheet-rock can serve as a food source for mold, as can dust inside metal vents, although the vents themselves won't be eaten, molds can live on just about any type of surface given enough humidity, or lay dormant until the right environment does come available.
Mold grows between walls, (inside wall, ceiling & floor cavities) spores are microscopic (invisible), & cannot be smelled in most cases until the amount is so large that the property may require complete gutting of the walls and sanding or fogging of the framework.
Mold Myth - Mold only grows on organic material (NOT TRUE)
Mold only EATS organic material, but in extreme humidity situations can grow on almost anything, even glass or mirrors, and can live on dust (dust is organic, mainly skin particles and/or pet dander in the case of a house interior) passing by if humidity is high enough to serve as its water source. It can grow in metal air ducts for the same reason, living on the dust and humidity while giving off mycotoxins spread throughout the house by the air currents or HVAC. Mold only needs water (humidity) and food source to live on, and dust and humidity can serve both those needs in many cases.
There are over 147,000 mold types that give of mycotoxins. There are over 400,000 types altogether. Many look alike, and though we can sometimes hypothesize to a great degree, nothing is ever for sure until examined under a microscope by a professional. While the "black mold" Stachybotrys is black, dark green & slimy when alive, and powdery when dead, it and it's spores are an exception to the rule in that its spores remain toxic dead or alive. Many other molds are extremely hard to differentiate, and there are many molds that are black and or green as well.
If the environment that allowed the mold to grow indoors to begin with is not dealt with somehow, like with a dehumidifier or encapsulating a crawl space, the same mold will come right back until the area is no longer serving as a positive mold growing environment with a water/humidity and food source present.